A formula to help maintain bone strength, function and health.*
OsteoSupport* is a synergistic formula that contains 14 well-researched nutrients to:
• Support the organic and inorganic matrix of bone*
• Support hormone balance*
• Provide bioavailable minerals for bone health* • Support bone density*
- Bone consists of an inorganic and organic matrix.
- The inorganic matrix is approximately 75% of the dry weight of bone andis mainly calcium hydroxyapatite crystals. The inorganic matrix of bone isresponsible for providing bones with the ability to withstand hard impact.
- The organic matrix of bone is composed of collagen (approximately 90%),chondroitin sulfates and glycoproteins.
- The balanced process of bone breakdown and regeneration, to keep bone mass constant, declines with age and breakdown begins to exceed regen- eration leading to loss of bone mass. It is estimated that 25 million people
in the United States are affected by brittle bones. Age, medications, lack of exercise, smoking, genetics, caffeine and alcohol consumption, and diet can also contribute to bone loss. Healthy bone requires calcium, magnesium, boron, potassium, folic acid, and vitamins C, D, E and K.Calcium Support and Mineral Balance
- Calcium hydroxyapatite is highly absorbable and a superior source of calci-um that provides other essential minerals (such as magnesium, potassium, zinc, copper, manganese, silicon, and iron) and proteins necessary for bone health and strength.*
- Magnesium, Boron and Vitamin D support calcium absorption and utilization and decrease the loss of bone calcium.* Vitamin D is also for calcium depo- sition in the bones.*Bone Building and Hormone Balance
• Resveratrol and Ipriflavone have an “estrogen-like” effect on bone by sup-
porting the proliferation of the bone-building cells (osteoblasts) to balance the bone building process.*
• Chondroitin sulfates support strong bones by forming compression resistant
networks between collagen fibers within the organic matrix of bone.*